ZUUL was engaged by Retrofit to architect and implement the backend of it’s on-boarding platform.
- The system needed to be configurable so it could be white labelled.
- You would be able to create any number and types of questions to be answered by those on-boarding and,
- Those questions could be grouped in any number of groups.
- This config would then need to passed to front end that would rendering the experience.
- The user would be able to drop out and come back and continue where they left off.
- Lastly, we’d have to interact with legacy systems to access some data.
Using NodeJS we built a cloud based solution on AWS (using API Gateway, Lambdas & DynamoDB). We designed a flexible data model to be used for the configuration, as well as the data model to maintain user progress through the on-boarding process.
We create a few API endpoints that the interface made requests to. These endpoints abstracted away the complexity of communicating with legacy systems, and returned a simple object to be parsed, to render questions for the user.
The end result was we have a flexible system that can grow. One that’s backed by AWS technology – it can scale easily, one that is now maintained by internal teams.
Retrofit is seeing more signups, less confusion, and ultimately happier customers.